Open Beta Update 126.96.36.19978
Tutorial Part 1 Open Beta Update is here!
Try out the new features before the release.
Tutorial Part 1. Fans of Gold Rush TV Series know that beginnings can be tough. Each one of us had been a rookie miner before our gold mining operations started to prosper. That’s why we have added a Tier 1 tutorial for new game players.
With a little guidance, you’ll be able to make your American dream come true in no time.
Hard Mode. Push your gold mining efforts to the limits. With increased difficulty, your skills will be put to the ultimate test. No guts, no glory!
Hard Mode can be enabled in Settings on an existing save.
Open Beta branch is a voluntary option and it may not reflect the quality and content of actual Update 1.4.2.
Save files from Open Beta version won’t be transferred to a live build.
- Added Tier 1 tutorial notifications.
- Added sunbeams (/god rays) highlighting necessary Tier 1 items.
- Made certain DigTube videos obligatory to watch, when using an item or a machine for the first time.
- Added possibility to turn off Tutorial in settings.
- Added Hard Mode.
- Pickup tires no longer break after restoring.
- Added missing DigTube notifications.
- Localized tools names.
- Added sounds of breaking parts.
- Added sounds of fixing.
- Tools names are now displayed in the toolbar.
- Added crowbar animation.
- Big Excavator optimization.
Now let’s get digging!
How to join the Open Beta
To join our beta you have to make this few simple steps.
- Right-Click on the Gold Rush: The Game in your Steam Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select BETAS Tab.
- Choose “openbeta – Prerelease testing branch”. You DO NOT NEED the beta access code.
- Restart your Steam Client.
To reverse the changes and go to the live build once again, just select the “NONE – Opt out of all beta programs” branch and restart your steam client.
REMEMBER: Saves from the beta version won’t work on the live build.