Open Beta Update 1.4.4 – Collectible Stories, New Skins, and New Repairs
Travel around the map in search of amazing tales. With Collectible Stories you’ll learn more about the world of Gold Rush: The Game. There’s also a ridi-cow-lously nice reward for such effort.
More breakable parts = more challenges on your way to becoming the richest miner in Alaska. The threat is even more real, as from now on it is possible to see a “Game Over” screen, when you fail to pay your debts.
But that’s not everything! See changelog below for more info.
Open Beta branch is a voluntary option and it may not reflect the quality and content of actual Update 1.4.4.
Save files from Open Beta version won’t be transferred to a live build.
Machine Failures are disabled by default. You need to enable them in Settings/Game.
- New Repairs (see the list of breakable parts below).
- New Vehicles skins: Cow (for collecting all Stories) and Dragon Scales (available for purchase in the Machines Store).
- Added collectible Stories.
- Redesigned Blacksmith system.
- Redesigned Magnetite system.
- Redesigned loans system.
- Added possibility to lose the game, when debts are too high (100,000$ for Normal Mode, 25,000$ for Hard Mode).
- Fixed Trailers spawning bug.
- Added possibility to rotate Fuel Nozzle.
- Various UI fixes.
- Fixed Pickup lights on lower LODs.
- Added ‘Game Over’ screen.
List of breakable parts
Small Diesel Pump
- Water Filter
Big Diesel Pump
Small Electric Pump
- Fuse Box
Big Electric Water Pump
- Engine Part
Fuel Tank Trailer
- Fuel Hose
Big Fuel Tank
- Fuel Hose
- Front Jets
Now let’s get digging!
How to join the Open Beta
To join our beta you have to make this few simple steps.
- Right-Click on the Gold Rush: The Game in your Steam Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select BETAS Tab.
- Choose “openbeta – Prerelease testing branch”. You DO NOT NEED the beta access code.
- Restart your Steam Client.
To reverse the changes and go to the live build once again, just select the “NONE – Opt out of all beta programs” branch and restart your steam client.
REMEMBER: Saves from the beta version won’t work on the live build.